Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Disneyland Part II








Well Tuesday was a great weather day so we were off to Disney again. This time is was just Macy and I. We had a great time again. The crowds were minimal, with almost no waiting time for the rides. We had a fun filled day. Several highlights, including Macy having a long conversation with Repunzel, where she told the lovely young lady all about her fun times here in Hong Kong. The young lady from Tangled was wonderful, and patient as Macy told her "I went to the Big Buddha, I went on a bus, I saw Buzz Lightyear, I went on the carousel", etc etc. At the end of the conversation Macy leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek. It was very sweet.......And Macy had her picture taken with one of her most talked about characters, Buzz Lightyear.
We climbed Tarzan's treehouse, went on the Tea Cups, the River Ride, Blasted the Robots in the Buzz ride twice, (as we were getting off Macy asked if we could go again, as it was lots of fun to shoot the robots). We rode the train, had 2 turns on It's a Small World, etc etc, we filled our day. The only glitch was as we were leaving Disney. I wanted to take the elevator to the lower level to get to the subway train. I had the stroller and I do not like using the down escalator. So into the elevator we go. The door closes, I push the down button. Nothing happens, I push it again, Nothing happens, I push button for the level we were on, nothing happens, I push the open door button, nothing happens, I push the down button again, nothing happens. OK, so now we are stuck. Good thing it is glass walled, a pretty good sized elevator and we are alone, because I am VERY stressed in close spaces. I push the help button, and of course the person answers in Chinese, but after I start rambling in English, he asks me in English what is the problem, (what he thought I rang to chat?) Before too many minutes had passed, 2 young men arrive to help, it took them a few minutes to get us out. And we were on our way.
On Wednesday we headed down to the Science Museum. Macy loved running all over the place pushing buttons, levers etc. After we arrived back here, we had a lovely swim and play in the pool.
The plan for today (It is Thursday morning here)is a visit to Kathy's school. Our plan is lunch with Kathy and the afternoon with her class followed by dinner out.

No comments: