Sunday, March 14, 2010

Many New Things

I admit it, I am a lazy poster. It has been far too long since I last posted. Time just seems to fly and there is never enough time. Macy is now 20 months old, and continues to amaze me each day. since I last posted, we have had an exciting time. We spent one night admitted to the hospital with breathing issues, the week after that Macy did a flip off the bed, landing on her neck with her head bend back, so that involved an ambulance, a neck brace, a backboard and a trip to the ER. After getting all checked out, and finding out all was well, we were free to go. The following week I got a call from the daycare, could I come and get Macy, she had a temp of 104F. which is just over 40C for all the metric types. So, a trip to the walk in was involved. While at the walk in getting her checked out, I happened to mention to the DR, (one of the docs that I know from work) that Macy has been scratching at her skin, and getting the odd hive or two. The next morning when I saw him when he was at the hospital, he mentioned that children her age should not be getting hives and referred us to the paediatrition. We have since had that appointment and I was told Macy has a food sensitivity and I should try taking a food group away to see waht happens. We are now off all milk products and so far no hives and no itching.
We have also been having lots of fun. Lots of walks, rides in the wagon, a new bike, she would not put her helmet on so I would not let her ride it. She spent the time taking it for a walk up and down the side walk in front of our house.
We were sad to miss dinner this past Friday with other adoptive Mom's and children but the 1.5 hr drive in good weather was too much for a little one when the weather and traffic would have made it well over 2 or 2.5 hr one way, I just could not do that to her. Hopefully next dinner we will get there.
We are looking forward to going to Vietnam to visit Aunt Kathy, just not looking forward to the flight.

1 comment:

B said...

Hey Ellie,

Glad to see the post and we definitely missed you on Friday. Bev and I were there with the kids and the whole table was pretty much VN families. The 401 East was brutal so staying home was the right choice. Bev is in Burlington next weekend if you happen to be free Saturday for lunch...

Hope to catch up to your guys soon,
Jules (and Bev)