Saturday, April 17, 2010

Greetings from Vietnam

Greetings, Macy and I arrived here in HCMC safe and sound. The trip was not bad at all, we were able to get some sleep on both flights as we had several seats to stretch out on. We have been relaxing, Macy is still jet lagged and awake almost all night, but I am hoping for more sleep at night tonight. We have been out for a few meals, and as usual the food in this country is amazing. After a wonderful lunch out, Kathy and I treated ourselves to a pedicure this afternoon before we got a few groceries and Macy came home with Uncle Ron and slept the afternoon away at home. Here is a picture of the round about in front of Ben Thanh market, (a building full of small stalls selling clothes, hats, etc. etc.) And yes of course I purchased a few things.
Here is Kathy and Macy grabbing a cup of coffee to go.


Here is Macy enjoying her croissant and her mango smoothie while out for lunch with Mom and Aunt Kathy



Aunt Kathy and Macy as we stroll along a city street in District 1


Tomorrow is Sunday and I think the plan is to go to a downtown hotel for Tea and cupcakes.
On Monday, Devon, Macy and I are headed to Vung Tau for the day. It is a little beach town from the 50's that we get to via hydrofoil. Lots of suncreen will be needed. The rest of the week is not planned yet but I hope to get to the War Remnants Museum on one of the days.
It's warm here, or as my brother in law Ron says, Summer Time, Summer Time, All the Time All the Time.


2 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

Yay! Glad the flights went well. Can't wait to continue to read about your vacation! Say hi to your sister and brother-in-law for us.

B said...

I'm so happy to hear you survived the flights! Enjoy every minute on my behalf...I'm so jealous...

And give that sweet girl a kiss for Ben. He appears quite in love this morning!