Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mixed Feelings


Yesterday was a day of mixed feelings for me........... Wonderful happy thoughts for B and the others who are currently in Vietnam bonding with their babies. I knew by the time I went to work their G & R would have been completed and they were now family. I am so happy for them. Of course I am also anxious for them to finish and get home as I know I am in the group of 5 families that will/should be travelling next from our agency. When I woke up this morning I checked B's blog, found wonderful new pictures of her little one and a great new post. I checked my email and was thrilled to have received from B and her travel companion, 5 new pictures of my Macy. Oh, how Macy has grown, and I have no worry now that she is underweight.... However I do worry that a few of the outfits I was planning to take with me will not fit her.
But yesterday was also a very sad day. One of my coworkers, a wonderful lady and dedicated fellow nurse, lost her battle with cancer yesterday morning. Sad sad day. She was far too young. A few weeks ago, not too long before Christmas I was told she was thrilled to hear I had finally gotten my referral. How truly like her, to have good thoughts for others when she was so ill. Rest peacefully DG. I will miss you, I think of you each and every time I hear Josh Grobin.

1 comment:

Jules and Danny said...

Ellie,

I am so sorry to hear about your friend and co-worker. Cancer is so difficult!

But, I am thrilled that you got 5 new pictures of Macy. What a joy that you will be able to share with her that piece of her life as she grows!

Thinking of you,
Jules