Thursday, January 1, 2009

What a Wonderful Way to end 2008




Family, what wonderful things they are. My wonderful sister Kathy, and others arranged a wonderful surprise for me.

On Dec 30, I worked till 3:00PM. The plan, so I thought was to have a turkey dinner at my house. My niece Samantha and her husband Andrew are here for the holidays and we were getting together for turkey at my place. Logistically it was going to be a bit of fun as it was a big turkey. I was working till 3 and Kathy and her family live in London. But, never fear there is aways a way. So, Monday evening, I stuffed the bird, (23lbs worth of bird) and put him in the oven. I then set my dining table, plates, silverware, napkins, wine glasses, etc etc. I arranged for extra chairs from my good friend and coworker across the street. Well, Tommy the turkey, as he was a big one, would not be ready before my bed time so, he cooked while I slept. At 3 am I got up out of my cosy warm bed, took Tommy turkey out of the oven, destuffed him (scooped all the stuffing into a bowl) and put the stuffing and Tommy into the fridge. I went back to bed till the alarm went off at 5:30 am. Time for work. Off to work I go, all the while thinking that Kathy and her family of elves would arrive sometime during the day and finish making dinner. What happened instead was a Wonderful Surprise. When I arrived home, I found family and friends waiting for me. A BABY SHOWER. I was totally surprised. I had not a hint that this was going to happen. Everyone kept it a secret. There was lots of food, turkey for sure (but my sister had to unset my dinner table as we had potluck, buffet style. Everyone brought something. We had lots to eat, lots of laughs, a few tears, (Yes Mary you made my cry, but it was a good type of tear) and Macy and I received some wonderful gifts. Thank You Thank You Everyone.

I cannot think of a better way to end 2008.

Bob and I spent a wonderful New Years Eve with my sister and family in London.

2009 began with hugs and kisses all around and a big squeeze from Samantha with the comment. 2009, the Year of the Baby!

1 comment:

Jules and Danny said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your referral! I am so happy for you. Maybe you can tell us what you got at the next waiting mommies dinner!