Monday, January 19, 2009

Time

Time................for the past 2 years 9 months seems to have, at least baby wise moved VERY slowly. But now, it seems to have flipped a switch into fast forward. I must confess I am a procastinator, but I get by. Now it seems I have so little time to get things done. The lovely new crib I ordered for Macy arrived mid last week. I eagerly unpacked it so I could rest the nicely stained oak pieces against the couch where I could admire it for a few moments. There it sits. All lovely, still in pieces. I cannot yet put it into her room as her room is full. Full of the queen bed I was going to move to the basement weeks ago, long before I ordered her crib. I cannot yet move the bed as it is covered with baby items that I am sorting. Stuff to take, stuff for later, some washed, some not. Baby things that need to go into her dresser which sits in the laundry room as there is no space in her room because the queen bed is still there. My dilemma is kind of like the chicken and the egg, what to do first?? So, the procastinator that I am, do nothing....... Well, nothing I need to get done about the baby room anyway. I go to work, I host a babyshower for a coworker, I go to lunch with a friend, I chat to my sister on the phone, I snowblow the drive and sidewalk, I do my own laundry, I read Marley and Me. This morning I have a few hours before I have to have a nap as I am nights for the next 2, so here I am blogging, avoiding the baby room. I must confess. The baby room just makes it all so REAL. It's hard to get my head around the fact that, finally it is real. In a few months I expect to be home with her. Here in my house, with a baby room that I know will be done in a week or so (my sister is coming to help me)

5 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

I'm just guessing, but I am thinking there is nothing like an LOI to get you moving.... maybe?!?!
You will get it done and with time to spare...

Jules

Leslie & Shaune said...

hi :)
i found your blog thru Julia's.

hope you are traveling soon.

leslie
(we met atthe waitingmoms dinner)

OH MY #6 said...

I can't wait to see pictures!

Lea
xo

B said...

Okay, about clothing size, you are right she is being fed. Often. And she is a very healthy size. At 7 months 1 week Benjaminh fit into virtually nothing that was 6 - 9 months and only a few 9 month items. Most of the outfits he wore were 6-12 months or 14-22 pounds. Now that we are home I have him in a 12 month sleeper and it is perfect. Macy will be the same. Bigger is better.

Paula said...

Hi Ellie,
would love to connect with you. I am thrilled that you will be travelling soon. My email is: ethieps@hotmail.com
Feel free to drop my a line.
Paula