Wednesday, June 10, 2009

2 weeks Home

See I can stand on my own




I know I am funny and entertaining





Mom the grass is WAY too long, when are you going to cut it??






A wonderful gift from my friend Gayle. A hand made quilt. The Vietnamese star in the centre. Red and Yellow for Vietnam. Red and White for Canada. Macy's name and DOB in the middle. The quilt has one square for each month it took for the adoption to happen. Did we cry? Yes.......... Thank you Gayle.




My own Princess chair, a gift from Mommy's friend France.




We've been home for 2 weeks and I think we are finally getting settled. It has been harder than I imagined to get a few minutes to finally get some pics downloaded from my camera, (but all is working again) and even more difficult to get enough time to do a bit of blogging. June 4th marked our 1 month anniversary as a Forever Family. It also happened to be my sister Kathy's birthday. I sat that day and thought about all the amazing things that have happened since May 4th and it is hard to believe so many things have happened and changed in just one month.
Macy has blossomed in her new home. She has 2 more teeth than she did when we arrived home. She stands unassisted for 10 seconds or so. She is now walking all around the room by holding on to the furniture. She pushed her little wagon/walker all over. If I leave the immediate vicinity she just crawls after me or she uses the wall to hold herself up as she walks from the living room to the kitchen. I never expected to be having this much fun watching a child learn. It is humbling to know she learns by watching. It makes me stop and think before I do some things. My bad habits she does not need.

Last Sunday one of my oldest friends, Marie, held a baby shower in Macy's honour. It was wonderful. The guests included Marie's Mom and 2 of her Aunts, (I refuse to say how many years I have known them, lets just say over 40 but under 50, in other words, a LONG time) past coworkers and many others also attended. It was so much fun to share Macy with my friends. Thank you so very much Everyone.

In the 2 weeks we have been home we have been visited by many friends. They are all thrilled to meet Macy and she charms them all.

This coming Saturday there is a family baby shower and get together in Macy's honour. My brother Gord and his wife Karen are the hosts. Karen informed me tonight she is expecting about 50 guests. My oldest brother Fred and his wife Aleta arrived from Kenora this evening. I was thrilled for them to meet Macy. She charmed them with her smiles and giggles. We had a great evening as myself, Macy and 3 of my siblings and their spouses relaxed and chatted.
Tomorrow evening my niece Sharolynne and her family are arriving from Calgary and other family members are expected to arrive from Ottawa this weekend. It's overwhelming to know they are coming for us. Macy and me. I'm usually the one that is in the background, but not this weekend. I will be great to see everyone but I am also anxious to show Macy off. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures to post

1 comment:

Jules and Danny said...

I am so happy for you. It's time for you to be in the highlight! You are such a lucky mommy and Macy is such a beautiful and lucky little girl!
Enjoy all the attention and the love, because it is so apparent that you and Macy are well loved.
Jules