Tuesday, December 9, 2008

2 years, 7 months and 3 weeks later

International Adoption, "Not for the Faint at Heart." I have thought of that statement many times the past 2 years, 8 months . That is how long it has been since I started the process that brings me to this wonderful time. Last Tuesday, Dec 2 at approx. 2:40 pm, I saw, for the 1st time, my precious daughter's face. To say it has been a easy, uneventful journey would be untrue, but as of last Tuesday when I got the call from the Adoption Agency that my Referral for my daughter had arrived, and then approx an hour later when I got to see her face, everything that had happened in the past no longer mattered. The waiting, the anxiety, the uncertainty at times that this journey would never be, completed faded away. My daughter is waiting. She doesn't know she's waiting, but I know. And soon, OK spring, this coming spring, right after the winter that is now setting in, I will travel to get her. I can barely wait. I gaze at her photo when I awaken in the mornings, (I have a 11x14 framed pic on the wall in my room). I have a 8x10 on the mirror in my ensuite bath. I have a 8x10 on the computer desk, a 8x10 taped to the closet door so I see her as soon as I enter the house and another framed 8x10 on the dining table. OK lots of pics, but so far, none in my car (I was advised by another waiting mommy to avoid this for safety reasons, thanks Bev) Friends and family have asked me if I have came down from my high yet, sort of, but at times not really. I am much more emotional than I thought I would be, I am an emotional person anyway, (who knew haha) but to realize that soon, I will be holding my daughter is truly amazing.

No comments: