Friday, April 24, 2009

6/10/12

Today the number is 6. Six days until we leave, so of course I am counting them down. But 10 and 12 are the real numbers. Ten days from today, May 4, is the day we are told to expect to go to the Orphanage to meet our Children. We will be able to gaze upon sweet faces, touch soft cheeks, count fingers and toes, stroke tiny ears, and we will be able to hold and cuddle with them. And yes, we will have to leave them. Back into the safe arms of their nannies, who will love them and care for them for 2 more days. Nannies who have already lovingly cared for them for many months. The G & R Ceremony (Giving and Receiving, the official adoption day ceremony) is scheduled for May 6.
Then, the BEST part of this process begins. The part where Macy is with me!

3 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I can't wait to see you with her.

Have a great weekend.

lea
xo

B said...

Oh my God...you must be shaking with anticipation!

Soooooo exciting. I can't wait to read a follow up and see pictures of her in your arms.

Jules and Danny said...

I am so excited for you. I can hardly wait!
j