Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Single Digits

Nine, 9, one less than 10, you get the idea. Nine more days until Kathy and I leave for Vietnam. It is after midnight so I can say only 9 more days. I have accomplished a lot this past day or so. I have been able to cross a few things off my "to do" list. I feel like I have a bit of breathing room. I am just about to start my days off, (4 hours to go), and this is my last night shift until I come back from parental leave. (writing this on night shift)
I've had lots of fun. Folding and packing all the little girl things I think I will need while we are away. I am sure I am bringing too many clothes, but I won't have to use the laundry at the hotel very often.
It's hard to believe that 9 days from now I will be worried about the traffic on the way to the airport.
9 days from now my list of things "to do" will be done, my house will be clean and sparkling, the yard will be raked and seeded, the laundry all done, ironed and put away, the garage cleaned, swept and organized and the basement tidy. The garden furniture will all be out, etc etc. In reality, I will probably be rushing around at the last minute, muttering to myself, Why did I not do this on my days off?

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Yay for single digits!!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

UH, I wish I could get that organized in the 9-days.

You must be so excited.

Lea
xo

Leslie & Shaune said...

this is all pretty darn exciting!
happy packing and planning.

Jules and Danny said...

NINE days... aghhhhh! I am so excited for you! I know you will be so organized!
j