Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What a Send Off

I posted earlier today and in that post I mentioned how wonderful and supportive all of my family and friends have been throughout this journey. Well, I have more to add. Today has been a day of wonder. My phone and door bell have rang all day with calls and visits from the wonderful people I am honoured to call my family and friends. CK who dropped by with an assortment of pastries when she heard I was having an emotional day, Thank you for your visit. FP who dropped by to wish me well, we chatted as we shared dietcoke and red licorice. To all of my family, friends and coworkers that called to chat and wish me a safe journey. To each of you THANK YOU AGAIN. Last but not least to my dear friends Cheryl, Gayle and Karen "Awesome" F, who showed up this evening with an offering of wine, Jamaica Rum cream, laughter and friendship, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. It was a wonderful day. Now, I am going to sit quiet and watch the clock change over to Apr 30, and the ticker tape to finally say 0 days to travel.

1 comment:

Brian & Nicole said...

Ellie, I hope you have a safe journey. Looking forward to meeting you and Macy in Hanoi.

Nicole