Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dead Rat,Street Chickens and other things Vietnamese





Busy day today. The group met this morning to pool our gifts for the Nannies, the Orphanage and the Director. We then spent a few hours together shopping for things for the orphanage. On our walk over to the FIVI mart we happened upon a dead rat on the sidewalk, not something I see on my suburban street in Brantford for sure. Unfortunately I did not snap a picture.
Tonight for dinner Kathy and I grabbed a taxi and went back to the Old Quarter. After a great meal at the Little Hanoi restaurant we wandered the crowded, noisy streets, enjoying the atmosphere and checking out the variety of goods available. Chickens walking around on the street are not uncommon. Small dogs playing on the sidewalk add extra entertainment. The shop vendors pushing their wares all add to the experience. We ended up on shoe street, a street where every shop sells shoes, other streets are known for what they sell. Next time back I am going to look for Purse street.

3 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Sounds like fun. Is today the day?

Lea
xo

Jules and Danny said...

Shoe street... boy do I need shoes and I can't find any here! I think it is now only hours until you get to meet Macy! I am thinking it is around midnight here tonight, right???

Praying for the time to pass quickly until then.

Jules

marie said...

sounds like you two are distracting yourselves well
I know you two have leaned on each other often over the years and the fact that you can be making this trip together is GREAT. Ellie congrats and ENJOY marie