Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Message from Macy

They can't find me!
Check out my new stroller!
The Hanoi tour was riveting!
Swimming with my friends

My Mom and Aunt Kathy are too exhausted in the evenings to blog, so I thought I'd take over for today. I know that the blog-stalkers back home (of which my Mom is a self confessed member) will be waiting for the next adventure.

Tuesday I convinced my Mom and Aunt Kathy that we needed to get down to some serious shopping - time is running out! We wandered the old quarter intent on shopping, but they soon were sidetracked by the foot massage parlor. I was entertained by a few young ladies while my Mom and Aunt Kathy made sighing noises from the lounge chairs while someone rubbed their feet - I don't get the attraction, but they seemed to like it. They were particularly excited that it only cost them 9USD.

Dinner on Tuesday night was at the Little Hanoi Restaurant with all the adoptive families and us six girls. They stuck us upstairs by ourselves - apparently we're a bit loud at times. It was nice to relax and chat. A good time was had by all.

Wednesday started with a pool side play date. It was especially nice because Sadie, her Mom and the fairies were heading back to Canada later that day. I love swimming, but that blow up Mickey Mouse pool toy scares the #%&* out of me. I told my Mom, NO Disney World for me!!!!

Wednesday afternoon we went on a city tour of Hanoi. My Mom needed to learn more about my birth country. As you can see, I found the trip to be riveting!

After the city tour, A - K's dad treated us to a drink at the Opera House Restaurant before we headed over to Koto - one of the culinary training schools designed to give the street youth in Vietnam some marketable skills. The food was great, but I had a tummy ache, so Mom and Aunt Kathy took their dessert home - they didn't even share it with me. They don't share well!

Breakfast this morning was interesting. I got to eat prunes and cheese again - yum, yum and my Mom taught the two young guys at our hotel to make French Toast. Mom was disappointed that there was no ketchup - whatever that is.

I again convinced them to try shopping and we were successful in buying some cool stuff as well as a new stroller for me. Mom and Aunt Kathy just couldn't figure out how to work the last one. This one is a new model - very light and apparently drives well!

I got some really cool children's picture books that have both English and Vietnamese writing in them. Mom bought some books about Vietnam so we can read up on this amazing country.

We're off for manicures and pedicures at the Hilton this afternoon, then for a cyclo ride to the restaurant that's using old cyclos for tables and chairs. I'll send those pictures later.

We bought tickets for the Water Puppet Show on Monday afternoon. That should be fun!

Can't wait to meet you all when I arrive home next week.

Love Macy

2 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

Macy, it sounds like you've been having very busy times. I hope you mommy and Aunt Kathy are getting lots of pictures of you in different places. I like the ones you chose to share with us. I am hoping to meet you at the airport next week.
Have fun for your last week!
jules

B said...

I'm glad you posted Macy, mama was complaining.

And Macy, it looks like your skin is clearing up with your new meds. Great to see. Sorry you were not feeling well at KOTO. I loved it there. The benches were just wide enough for a good nap and the food made mommy happy.

I can hardly wait to see you again at the airport! Happy travels.

Benjaminh Manh