Friday, May 29, 2009

We're Home

It's been a busy couple of days since we arrived home. The flights were long but no major problems, just a few small ones that were soon sorted out. We did get stopped by Customs and sent to Citizenship and Immigration as we entered at Pearson. We waited in a long line, it seemed forever, only to be asked why Macy has a different last name. What? the lady at Customs could not ask me why? When I told them why, all they said was OK, you can go. Never asked to see any paperwork, but it delayed us getting out of the airport. We had a wonderful welcome from Julia, Bev, Ben, Ron and Devon. It was great to be home. Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone. It was wonderful to see you all standing there, with a sign and everything. Macy and Ben got to greet each other, some poking of eyes on Macy's part, but it was very nice to see them meet.
The drive home to Brantford started off loud, with Macy screaming for about 25 minutes, needless to say she does not like the car seat. (getting a bit better I must say even 2 days later there is less crying) I arrived home to find the front and inside of my house decorated with signs, ribbons, balloons, posters etc. What another nice surprise. As I came in the door Karen and Gord called and they soon arrived as did their daughter Danette, they were eager to meet Macy. It was great. We finally got to bed about 1 but Macy was awake at 5 or so. Thursday, she slept most of the day, a bit of jet lag I think and a bit because she is not feeling the best. She has a stuffy nose etc and I had to take her to the walk in today as her voice is hoarse, but the MD said her chest and ears are clear, I got a cream for her face, (red blotches again) and I am to put saline drops in her nose to help keep her passages clear. I went to Hamilton and applied for her OHIP card today, it will come from Kingston and will be here??????? no one could tell me. Macy stayed home with Uncle Ron and Devon, and she was laughing when Kathy and I arrived home. Macy has been a little stressed since we arrived home, if we are here alone, I have to carry her, she will not let me out of her site, she will play, but has to be right with me, but she will play with others when they are here.
Everyone has been wonderful. A few friends have dropped over, it is so nice to see everyone and Macy has been great.
I will post a few pics a bit later, she is stirring and I need to get her something to eat

2 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome home! Hurray, hurray! I am glad she is learning to not mind the car seat! Can't wait to visit!
jules

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Ellie!!! Love the black and white picture of you and Macy!! Absolutely precious!